Rail-Trains!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUIZ: what is RETB and what does it mean?

2 posters

Go down

QUIZ: what is RETB and what does it mean? Empty QUIZ: what is RETB and what does it mean?

Post  Admin Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:44 pm

What is RETB and what does it mean?

CLUE: used on West highland line and is operated by a radio..... Question
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 186
My best train is: : class 156:)
Website: : www.gallerysteven.fotopic.net/ and https://rail-trains.1talk.net/ it's worth the rush!
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

QUIZ: what is RETB and what does it mean? Empty Re: QUIZ: what is RETB and what does it mean?

Post  Provincial Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:55 am

Radio Electronic Token Block.

Its a system developed in the 1980s to control long sections of remote railway by one control centre. The signalman issues 'tokens' remotely to drivers via radio which is displayed in the cab on a special head unit. The system is really an electronic version of ETB but intead of the driver carrying a physical token, his authority is an elcetronic token.
Provincial
Provincial

Number of posts : 34
My best train is: : HST and 150/1
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

QUIZ: what is RETB and what does it mean? Empty Re: QUIZ: what is RETB and what does it mean?

Post  Admin Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:59 am

Provincial wrote:Radio Electronic Token Block.

Its a system developed in the 1980s to control long sections of remote railway by one control centre. The signalman issues 'tokens' remotely to drivers via radio which is displayed in the cab on a special head unit. The system is really an electronic version of ETB but intead of the driver carrying a physical token, his authority is an elcetronic token.
extra: From banavie in fort william
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Website: : www.gallerysteven.fotopic.net/ and https://rail-trains.1talk.net/ it's worth the rush!

Back to top Go down

Post  Provincial Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:51 pm

I left locations out of it due RETB also being in operation in other parts of the country too.
Provincial
Provincial

Number of posts : 34
My best train is: : HST and 150/1
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Provincial wrote:I left locations out of it due RETB also being in operation in other parts of the country too.
kool
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down