Rail-Trains!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rail safety !

3 posters

Go down

Rail safety ! Empty Rail safety !

Post  Admin Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:49 pm

=========< yes that is railway tracks but theres no train, LOOK BEHIND YOU!!

Don't take the risk trains run up to speeds of 125mph!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 186
My best train is: : class 156:)
Website: : www.gallerysteven.fotopic.net/ and https://rail-trains.1talk.net/ it's worth the rush!
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Rail safety ! Empty Re: Rail safety !

Post  Provincial Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:03 am

Dont tresspass on railways - it illegal and stupid! If caught you can get £1000 fine, 6mths prison, and a criminal record. Anyone who want to risk their lives is welcome to do it, but dont do it on a railway - I dont want to be the last person to see you alive!!

1 Human against a 200t lump of metal travelling at ANY speed is only going to end with the human losing!!
Provincial
Provincial

Number of posts : 34
My best train is: : HST and 150/1
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Rail safety ! Empty Re: Rail Safety

Post  ACrane66705 Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Railway Safety High Vis jackets

It is recommended that you are wearing a High Vis jacket when inside the fences of a railway line ie filming, to ensure drivers you are on the line for a reason etc.

Last edited by ACrane66705 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ACrane66705
ACrane66705
Rail-Trains Member

Number of posts : 1
My best train is: : Class 43 HST
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://www.peterborough.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Provincial Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:44 am

ACrane66705 wrote:Railway Safety High Vis jackets

It is required that when you are working on the railways or even take photos of passing trains on the lines to wear an orange High Visibility jacket which is a legal requirement, and if you are not wearing one, then you will face the consequences for traspassing!!

Your statement is wrong! While yes you are required to wear a Railway Group Standard HV vest, that does not automatically give you the right to go wandering along a railway line or even be inside the boundary fence. All railway employees whos duties take them on or near the line require to sit and pass an exam in PTS (Personal Track Safety) and carry a certificate of competance with them at all times - without this you are still tresspassing - vest or no vest!! Even if you hold a PTS card you must only go on or near line when your duties require you to, a PTS card is not a golden key to the lineside. If I saw anyone wearing a HV and merely taking photos of trains inside the fence, Id report them to the nearest signalman - Ive reported Network Rail staff before now for not following the rules correctly!

The rules for the public are simple - STAY OFF THE RAILWAY, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Provincial
Provincial

Number of posts : 34
My best train is: : HST and 150/1
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:59 am

1 life, one train, thats all it takes! don't take the risk!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Website: : www.gallerysteven.fotopic.net/ and https://rail-trains.1talk.net/ it's worth the rush!

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:59 am

Provincial wrote:
ACrane66705 wrote:Railway Safety High Vis jackets

It is required that when you are working on the railways or even take photos of passing trains on the lines to wear an orange High Visibility jacket which is a legal requirement, and if you are not wearing one, then you will face the consequences for traspassing!!

Your statement is wrong! While yes you are required to wear a Railway Group Standard HV vest, that does not automatically give you the right to go wandering along a railway line or even be inside the boundary fence. All railway employees whos duties take them on or near the line require to sit and pass an exam in PTS (Personal Track Safety) and carry a certificate of competance with them at all times - without this you are still tresspassing - vest or no vest!! Even if you hold a PTS card you must only go on or near line when your duties require you to, a PTS card is not a golden key to the lineside. If I saw anyone wearing a HV and merely taking photos of trains inside the fence, Id report them to the nearest signalman - Ive reported Network Rail staff before now for not following the rules correctly!

The rules for the public are simple - STAY OFF THE RAILWAY, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Thread locked!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down